Tuesday 9 December 2008

Second Letter to Ramotswe


Dear Ramotswe,

I am writing to you again because yesterday I received a letter. Although the sender has not revealed his name, I am quite sure that it is not a joke.

He assures having seen a boy in a blue van with a man. The boy was sitting in the front driver’s side seat and, surprisingly, he was wearing sunglasses in a cloudy day. This leads me to think that the man could have tried to hide the identity of the boy. According to these words, my son could be hold against his will. Mma Ramotswe, he could be nearer than we suspect!. Do you think I am too optimistic?

I already know that the police and you are on my son’s trail. However, I would like to help you to gather information about the case. I apologize if you would think I am interfering in your job. I want you to believe that I completely trust in you. I hope you can understand my family’s feelings of despair. For God’s sake, help me to find Thobiso!

PS: I am attaching a copy of the anonymous letter

Ernest Molai

No comments: